Maintenance: The Key to Long-Term Roof Performance
Than establishing a program of regular inspections and proper maintenance.
Roofing Concepts Unlimited believes that the most effective way to keep a roof performing for a long period of time is for the building owner to have a formal, long term relationship with a professional roofing contractor such as us: As a PROFESSIONAL CONTRACTOR, we:
- Understand local building practices.
- Understand different roof systems, and can make recommendations concerning which type of system is best for a particular building.
- Have a trained and experienced workforce.
- Can respond quickly should a problem arise.
- Are well established in the community, so the owner understands who he is dealing with.
- Work in, and give back to, our local community.
- Best understand the local business environment, and know how to complete to the work.
RCU has expressed concerns regarding the long-term warranties offered by many roofing manufacturers, because warranties do not necessarily provide assurance of satisfactory roof performance. Warranties often contain provisions which significantly limit the warrantor’s liability and the consumer’s remedies in the event that problems develop or damage occurs to the roof system.
Instead, RCU believes that the best way for a building owner to ensure satisfactory post-installation roof performance is to have a formal, long-term maintenance agreement with a professional roofing contractor such as RCU. Maintenance programs typically offer the following advantages:
- A maintenance program is proactive rather than reactive. It can help to identify problems at their early stages, while they can be corrected and before they become catastrophes.
- Regular maintenance can reveal and address sources and causes of leaks before they occur. Too many owners have their roofs examined only after a roof leak occurs.
- Response time to address leakage problems is greatly improved. Warranty repairs, on the other hand, can take time to be processed—while the problem remains unresolved.
Building owners should take care on selecting the roofing contractor who will perform the maintenance work and who are proud members of the NRCA.