Thermoplastic (PVC, TPO)
- TPO can be installed in Mechanically Attached, Adhered and Ballasted roof systems.
- Combines the security of hot air welded seams with the long term weatherability of rubber
- Reinforced with polyester – scrim
- Optional polyester-fleece backing is available and typically used on structural concrete decks as well as over granular capsheets
- Extrusion technology allows for wide membranes to be produced at a lower cost, covering a large rooftop quickly and effectively.
- Available in roll widths of five feet to twelve feet
- Membrane thickness of 45 mils to 80 mils
- Noted for ease of usage in sustainable design and construction programs
- Most environmentally “friendly” of all single-ply roofing membranes – no chlorines or dioxins produced
- Energy savings reflective roof system
- PVC membranes can be installed in Mechanically Attached, Adhered and Ballasted roof systems.
- Outstanding seam integrity with hot air welded seams
- Available in roll widths of five feet to ten feet
- Long term proven track record of performance
- Excellent resistance to various chemical effluents
- Reinforced for excellent puncture and tear resistance
- ElvaloyTM modified PVC is a superior choice for roofs that have exhausts that emit grease and oils such as on restaurants or in areas that might emit certain fuels such as in airports
- PVC membranes are also preferred for environments that experience diluted acidic effluents
- Among easiest single-ply roofing membranes to install and heat- weld together